The youth group at the Crescent Park Church of Christ strives daily to allow God to mold us into selfless Christians. We look only to God, for He gives us the strength and ability to serve Him and others. It is the goal of our youth ministry to take students to a higher level of faith, beyond the issues of teen life, and plant ourselves beside the cross of Christ daily
Psalm 91:1-2 says, “He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God in whom I trust.”
"To be a Refuge for those who have none."
Our core values that help us define Refuge are:
- To be a place where people can "dwell."
- To be a place people can find "shelter" and "refuge" from their hurts and struggles.
- To be a place where people can find a "fortress" of protection where we look out for each other, defend each other, and hold each other accountable.
Our goals that affirm our core values are:
- To be loving- we seek to be people who are obedient to God, follow Jesus, are led by his Spirit and commit to being part of His church by obeying the command to love God and our neighbors.
- To be humble- we seek to be less than others by having a spirit of humility. We don't feel we are better than anyone else.
- To be servant-leaders- we serve in a way that doesn't build up ourselves, but strengthens others, using the gifts God has given us.
- To be unified- we recognize we come from different places and have different stories but will strive to be united in the blood of Christ despite these differences.
We are group of fun-loving people trying to follow Jesus and do his will. We aren't perfect and slip up from time to time as we strive to be a "Refuge." But because God is good and his good news is still good and gives us hope, we press on.
We take summer and spring break trips, have a weekly Bible study, have guy or girl events, and do an assortment of area-wide events and activities with other youth groups in West Texas.
If you are looking for a church to call home, then we encourage you to check us out. You may find the refuge you are looking for!